Thursday, 14 January 2010

First free motion quilting

I pieced this one block wonder last summer from fabric I bought cheap to see how it turned out. I didn't like the fabric at all and don't really like the end result that much, although it is better than the original. I was doing it to continue practising my accuracy with seams and because I love the effects that are shown in the One Block Wonder book.

I really do want to do another one some time, but it uses a lot of one fabric and I haven't found one suitable since that doesn't cost too much. I'm not going to spend £15 per metre on it.


I also did my first attempt at free motion quilting on it. It didn't turn out too bad although I had to unpick a few times when the tension went doolally. Only a few ruffles in the back as well so I was pleased with that.


No comments: