Monday, 11 January 2010

My first bed size quilt

I'm getting on great with my string blocks for the string challendge being held over at http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/, I'm really enjoying doing them and seeing the piles of scraps go down.

The first single bed quilt I finished last year was a disappearing nine patch made from a moda scrap bag.



I had treated myself to a new sewing machine with a 1/4 in foot so this was a great way to practice getting my seams and corners to match. It went wrong in a lot of places but it was better than my previous efforts. I added a couple of plain borders and used my new walking foot for the straight line quilting.



I pieced the back with some leftover from the scrap bag to finish it off.

 

No comments: