Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Not much sewing going on

Been doing the boring housework stuff for the last couple of days.

I've started some pinwheel blocks using a strip roll but no pics yet.

One of my other finishes from last year was this bargello quilt, made using beautiful oriental fabric. I love bargello, I've played with it in needlepoint as well. I didn't do anything too fancy, I've got a book with some amazingly detailed patterns.

I quilted it with a straight line through the diagonal of each block which creates a lovely curving effect, but it was hard work. Due to the zigzag I had to turn it around so often to do each line I was sick of it by the time I finished.

I was really pleased overall though and now enough time has passed I've forgotten how painful the quilting was!


No comments: