Sunday, 3 January 2010

When you haven't got a clue what you are doing...

You end up making a total mess of the first patchwork you finish.



















This little hanging was finished about 7 years ago and I made such a mess I didn't do any more until last year. The coloured squares were from a sample book and were about 1.5 inches.

I was pleased with how I put the colours together, but nothing matched. I had never heard of a 1.4 in foot or anything to help with accuracy.

The edging and backing was a heavy weight curtain cotton! I didn't have a clue about how to finish it all off and I hadn't heard of binding. The quilting was done after I had sewn the front and back together so it all went a bit wobbly!

A lot of lessons have been learnt since then but overall I'm still pleased with it.

No comments: