Monday, 4 January 2010

Working out what fabric not to use...

...by using completely the wrong thing and trying to make a quilt from it.

I haven't ever taken a photo on my very first attempt at a quilt, it is still wrapped up in the bottom of the cupboard. I had two heavy cotton curtain fabrics which I tried to to make an Irish Chain wallhanging from. I managed to piece it okay, but when I tried to hand quilt it with the same fabric as backing it didn't work.

Over the last 15 years I've tried on and off to get on with it but it hurts my fingers so much it hasn't got very far.

I've learnt that lesson now!

No comments: