I finished the machine quilting in the ditch and binding of this storm at sea quilt before Christmas. It is 72x72 square and made from just 5 colours which makes it the only one I've made with so few fabrics in it.
The only thing left to do is some hand quilting in the dark green squares. There are 16 of these and I am using variegated embroidery floss, however I've only managed to finish 2 so far! Its not that I don't like hand sewing as I do, I've done loads of tapestries, cross stitches and embroideries over the years. For some reason though I seem to have a mental block when it comes to hand sewing on quilts. Hopefully this won't be an unfinished object for too many years!