Ever since I started quilting I've been obsessed with keeping all the scraps to find other ways to make use of them. This week I have been playing with my tiny fragments and made some coasters.
First of all I arrange the scraps on lightweight fusible and iron them to bond. I then run over them with the machine to help fix them in place and trim to a 4.5x4.5 inch square. I then assembled the tops and back with a piece of leftover wadding and sew together. Once I've turned them the right way round I then stitch as close to the edges as possible to fix them and then sew through the main part of the coaster to stabilise it. I'm really pleased with how they can out apart from messing up the back on one so it ended up the wrong way round!
I also finished a baby blanket from my new wool stash. Its a simple ripple pattern and ended up around 32x36 inches.
This will end up either as a present for a friend or go to charity.