Friday, 19 March 2010

Circle block playing

I've been playing with the curved seams a bit more and ended up with this block.


I like it but it is a bit slow and fiddly to do the curved seams. A couple of the joins aren't great but its okay for a first attempt. It might have been easier if I had done the 1/4 circle blocks bigger, trying to get it through the machine is tight.

I got some Marti Mitchell drunkards path templates, I love these as they are so sturdy but I have a large rotary cutter and it was a bit hard to cut. I think they would be easier using the smaller cutters, something else to add to the shopping list.

2 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Hey Shev,

I shudder everytime I think about curved seams...at least you had the guts to give it a crack.

Have you seen Amy's roundabout quilt?
I fell in love the moment I saw it.

http://www.acommonplacelife.com/patterns/

I'm off to make some butter tarts, and vote!

Shevvy said...

I hadn't found that blog in my trawlings, that quilt is lovely. I'm a long way off anything like that, but I will keep playing for a while, until I get bored with all the pins you have to use!
Enjoy the tarts.