Saturday, 20 March 2010

Curves and crosses

I''ve done another block using the drunkards path templates and I like how they come out but they are so much bother, I couldn't imagine doing a whole quilt with them. I might make a cushion cover or something out of them.

I've also rediscovered a stash of cross stich magazines I had tucked away from the 90's. The kind that had a little project free with each issue, so I pulled one out and finished it.

I used to do lots of these little ones but haven't done one for years. I stil have about 20 left in the box for when I next fancy it.

4 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

The blocks are looking great, would make a lovely lap quilt:) I can not cross-stitch, so I envy you that skill.

Shevvy said...

Thanks a lot. I've done a lot of cross stitch over the years - but then I can't garden for love or money!!!!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Another cross stitch dud here ...and I'm a gardening dud as well...sigh.

Hey Shevvy, youre back to work tomorrow arent you? Enjoy, and I hope it all goes well. I'll be thinking of you!

Cynthia L. said...

I like the way the Drunkards Path came out - but I agree with you, I don't think I could make a whole quilt out of them. A few years ago I took a class and we did a sampler and Drunkards Path was one of the blocks, I never finished it! Never finished the quilt either come to think of it. I need to dig it out an finish it. I like cross stitch also, haven't done it in a while, but have been thinking of doing it again. I like to keep my hands busy at night! I like the leave pattern!