Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Bloggers quilt festival

Last year about this time I started to get very interested in quilting and started looking at blogs for inspiration. I managed to stumble onto the first bloggers spring quilt festival and oh my word! I browsed around sites for days and days and got completely addicted to the blogs and the quilts that were on display.



I have over the last year made quite a few quilts in a number of different styles but this I think it my favourite. It is a wonky log cabin so I didn't have to worry about getting those horrible seams and points to match (a great bonus for a beginner). I love the colours and I am really pleased with how the quilting turned out. It is wavy lines done with my walking foot but it creates a lovely moment across the quilt. 



I even finally after browsing for so long took the plunge and set up my own blog this new year and have met some wonderful people online. And now a year after discovering it the first time, I've got something to show in this spring festival.





What a different a year makes!

13 comments:

Lynne said...

I love those gentle colours with the red spots and teh quilting is fabulous.

Caron said...

Cute quilt! Looks soft, cozy and good for snuggling under.

Caron
http://bloggingforquilters.blogspot.com/

LJ said...

I really like the quilting you did this in this. Great job!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Yep...I love this quilt too. And yes a year makes an amazing difference. And how brave are you for jumping right into this festival business...You go girl!

beth said...

Lovely quilt. I like the way you quilted it! Great job!

Make Do & Mend said...

I love this quilt, love the red centres, for a modern quilter i'm kind of old fashioned about a log cabin having a red firey middle! I wonder what the next year will bring?!

MARIKA said...

Very beautiful quilt work !

Barb said...

great quilt , I really like the way you quilted it = thanks for posting

Dolly said...

Congratulations........isn't it fun to have a tangible gift for yourself or someone else at the end of time spent enjoyably petting gorgeous fabrics?

Shevvy said...

Thank you all. I hope everyone is enjoying the quilt festival. The ironing has gone by the wayside again here while I spend a lot of time browsing the lovely entries!

linda said...

aw, just throw the clothes back in the dryer!!

Leslie said...

this is stunning

XUE said...

I love the wavy quilting lines - very pretty !