Tuesday, 1 June 2010

More treats and finally a finished quilt

I've treated myself to some more fabric. Apart from chocolate it is my main indulgence these days! A fat quarter pack of Dolce by Tanya Whelan, a fat quater set of the entire Love collection by Amy Butler and the Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey is in half metre cuts. Also a few remnants that were on offer.



I finally got a quilt finished,hooray! This top has been hanging around for months. I tried a swirly freehand pattern for the quilting and although its very wonky up close it doesn't look too bad from a distance. I just keep telling myself it is practice and more practice to get the hang of this freemotion thing.



The backing is a lovely spotty print, I didn't have to piece it or anything as it was wide enough. I've got the same print in another colour as well and am using it in my next quilt.



I used a batik for the binding to go with the front but I'm not that sure about it. Once I get my act together I intend to start donating some of the quilts I make to charity and this is one I think will go that way. I'm happy with it, but there isn't anything sentimental about it that makes me want to keep it and the colours will never match my decor but hopefully it will be of use to someone eventually!






7 comments:

Lynne said...

Where did you treat yourself from? Those fabrics look too good. Lucky you!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

There is absolutely nothing like stack of new fabric to thrill the heart. Yours are gorgeous. I could stare at them all day.

What are you going to do next?

A Garden of Threads said...

It is a lovely quilt and if you decide to donate, someone will be a very lucky person. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Shevvy said...

Thanks a lot. I'm finishing off another top thats been hanging around for a while and I could resist starting a new one yesterday with half square triangles. Lets hope I've got a bit more accurate in my piecing since the last time I used them!!!

Cynthia L. said...

Love the quilt. I used to be a big blue person and then decided I didn't like it anymore. Now I am back to being a blue person! Great, great quilt.

Debra said...

Thanx for stopping by my blog Deb's Place. Blogging is getting to be soooo much fun. I am gonna have to blog more often. I love to see how creative everyone is.

XUE said...

This is a lovely, lovely quilt from afar & up close! Lucky recipient! Happy Wednesday from Tokyo!