Saturday, 10 July 2010

Avoiding the heat

Being a pasty freckle faced redhead in London I'm not one for the sun. The fact that we have been having a heatwave is a bit of a nightmare for me.

In between funerals and visits to the hospital I've been doing my best to avoid being outside. Friday this meant a visit to the O2. This place, formerly the white elephant known as the Millenium Dome is now a major music venue.

Was I going to anything exciting? No! Just the cinema to see Eclipse. I'm not a big fan of the twilight franchise, in fact I get quite irritated with the Bella/Edward gloomfest and want to give them a slap but a friend wanted to go to see it.

I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as the last two films and I quite enjoyed it. I do feel a bit creepy drooling over a teenage boy (Taylor), it isn't seemly for a 40 year old!

Anyway, the O2 is built on what was wasteland and over the years the area is getting a makeover and as its only 10 minutes in the car is quite useful for me.



I've also been working on the scraps again with a load more string blocks. This is the pile I have now and its enough for a new quilt. Time to start squaring them off!

3 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, that is quite a pile. Let us know what the blocks look like pieced together. Take care.

Lynne said...

I love string quilts - looking forward to seeing how this one comes along!

Pat said...

Nice little pile of scraps, my dear friend. Enjoyed your photos. Thank you for sharing.
Hi, from U.S.A.
Happy Quilting!