Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Latest tops

So after my subtle grey tops I went for something complete different. This is made from Tufted Tweets and Kona banana which is a colour I love. It reminds me of some of my 80's teenage outfits.


I used a pattern from http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/07/film-strip.html which I slightly adapted. I liked the simplicity of it.

I also finally sorted out my string quilt. This was the first time where I realised after piecing it all that I had put some blocks in wrong and had to unpick. I put it off for a few weeks but gave myself a kick up the bum yesterday and got on with it.

The smaller blocks are 5 inch and the larger are 10. I used muslin foundation this time which is a lot easier than paper but it does end up heavy. I suppose the fact I use a lot of narrow strips adds to that as well.

I really will have to start finishing some quilts now. I've got too many tops built up that are awaiting the final finish!

1 comment:

Marg said...

I love the Tufted Tweet fabrics. Your string quilt looks amazing. I don't have enough scraps yet to make one, and to tell you the truth I am a bit scared to attempt it. Maybe I might attempt it next year. I will add it to my list of must do's but I have so many others I need to start on first.