Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Row row row your boat ----

all the way to Norway. Yep, that will be me on saturday off on my first cruise to the fjords. I'm so excited!!! I've wanted to do this trip since I was a kid. Not the normal kid dream I know, but I was always marching to a different tune back then!

I'm finishing off the ironing (well I had to do it for the trip) and getting all my clothes organised for my packing. Its only a week but clearly as it is a cruise one needs many many outfits! And as I am driving down to Southampton and getting the ship from there I don't have any weight restrictions to worry about.....

I have been distracted all week with this holiday coming up so haven't done much sewing. Just been working through more of my scraps with lots more wonky stars made and some crumb blocks.

Its madness really how much one weeks holiday can distract you - but as this is the most expensive one I've ever taken as well and I've needed lots of new things, shoes, bags, clothes, makeup, undies and nightwear its no wonder I haven't done much else! I was tempted to buy a new suitcase but thought that might be going a bit far!

5 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hope you have a lovely trip! Will you be stopping in Bergen? Time for a coffee .. or tea? I'd love to meet you if your schedule allows :) Just e-mail me.

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I hope you have such a fantastic time. I know you've been looking forward to this for ages.

Buy a new suitcase on your trip and bring it back filled with awesome new things from your holiday.

Cynthia L. said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise. I think all your purchases are necessary. Of course you had to have new undies, what if you passed out and your dress went up and someone saw your old ratty panties? That is what my mother would have said anyway!

I like that fabric with the Eiffel Tower on it. Who makes it? The Baby would love something made from it.

Can't wait to hear about your trip. Take lots of photos.

Annabelle said...

Hi Shevvy ... I know that I like you as you have a wine glass in your hands! Have a great cruise and thanks for joining my blog and leaving a comment. Annabelle

Flying Blind... said...

Annabelle you match-maker!

Thanks for spotting my blog Shevvy - hope you have a lovely holiday - it sounds fantastic, lucky you!