I finished my first quilt in what feels like ages and here it is.
This was the top I was going to use for a backing but decided it was too good. It is around 36 x 52 inches before washing. I've heard that the denser the quilting the more it shrinks so I will see when it comes out of the machine.
As you can see I really went for it with the quilting to practise my free motion. The stitch lengths still leave a lot to be desire, but by the end of it I was feeling more confident. I had to made a mad dash to the shops to get more thread half way through as I didn't realise how much I would use, about 900 metres!
The backing is just a simple pattern from my stash of ones that I've brought especially for backing and it goes ok. I didn't get many puckers in the back either, another thing that is improving. For the binding I used some of my scraps of the Timber fabric as well as some kona coal.
In real life it has a bit of a sheen to it, I don't know if that is due to the kona cotton, the quilting or just my mind playing tricks on me after spending so long on it quilting!!!