Wednesday, 29 September 2010

I'll have blah, blah and a side order of blah!

For some reason I've been very blah for the last couple of days. I haven't got anything useful done at all, just mooched around reading, watching telly and wasting time on the internet. I don't know why, but I'm going to blamer the weather, that is just being blah as well!

The truth is more like I have to do a years worth of filing and stuff for my accounts which is my totally least favourite thing to do, even ironing comes before it so I keep putting it off by frittering my time away on doing nothing!

I did however finish the "Loving the Love" top. Thats its name now, not very original, but there you go. This ended up at 56 x 84 inches so one of the biggest quilts I've made. I don't yet know how I will quilt this, I just know it will be hard work shoving it through my little machine. I'm really pleased with how it came out, this is the first time I ever set a block on point so I was a bit worried I would mess it up and then things wouldn't match but most of my seams were ok so that is good enough for me!

6 comments:

quiltfool said...

Hi, Shevvy. Loving your Loving the Love quilt. And, getting it through the machine is not nearly as hard as having ample space around the machine to support it. I use a combination of rolling (roll up the side of the quilt that is to the right of the needle) and puddling (letting the quilt puddle around the sewing machine so it doesn't hang off the edge of the table). It's working so far. Lane

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

This is my favourite of all the quilts you've shown us so far . The name is perfect.

It needs something a bit swirly to go with it quilting wise maybe? Whatever you choose this is going to look utterly fabulous. Great job Shevvy. (I was almost inspired to buy some of this fabric last night ...and then thought dont be a copycat !)

Cynthia L. said...

This is a beautiful quilt. The colors are fantastic. I have been a bit blah also, not very inspired to do anything. I will blame it on the weather also!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I love your quilt! The fabrics are beautiful.
Accounts! Filing! No wonder you feel like blah!

Annabelle said...

Lovely Shevvy. (And what is wrong with wasting time, reading books, sitting around, watching TV, surfing the net, etc... as to ironing (agh!!! - take it to the laundry and let them do it - shirts are my least favourite thing and I will do anything to get out of them).

Marg said...

The quilt looks gorgeous and I love the name! I always put off filing and accounts and when I eventually get around to it, it usually doesn't take as long as I thought it would, but I do the same every year, put it off for as long as possible as I loathe doing it.