Sunday, 7 November 2010

Bonfire Night

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my Aunt on Fridays post, I was really touched.

After the sadness of friday, came the fireworks. Friday was 5th November, but most organised displays take place on Saturdays and one of the best in London is on Blackheath. Now as my Mum lives about 200 yards for one corner it is ideal and off we toddled to enjoy it. Thankfully, although it got cold it was dry and clear and as usual we really enjoyed the display.








I also finally got a bit of sewing done and put my scrap wonky stars together. All the points in the stars are from scrap and I've been piecing them throughout the year. I really love how they look together, there was no rhyme or reason to the layout, just put them together as they fell. The only thing I did was make sure two cream stars weren't next to each other. I know it would drive some people mad to have more of them in one half of the top but I just thought sod it. True randomness isn't even.

4 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

We used to have bonfire night here too with the fireworks when I was a child. It jasnt been done in years now. Thanks for prompting a childhood memory.

Love the quilt, and I love the random-ness too. Now the big question is- how are you going to quilt it?

Cynthia L. said...

I am so sorry I missed your Friday post. I have been off the computer for a couple days. I am sorry for your loss.

The fireworks are so beautiful. I love them and don't get to see them often enough. I think there should be more reasons for fireworks.

Take care of yourself.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Sorry for your loss, Shevvy. Good to have such loving memories.
I really like your wonky stars quilt!

Marg said...

Great photos of the fireworks, handy that your mum doesn't live far from them. We don't have bonfire night here anymore either.
The quilt is looking lovely, and the random cream stars look great