Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Campy magic!

Went to see the new Harry Potter film on saturday and loved it, even though it was scary. They kept truer to the book than I expected, very few points where I thought, thats wrong. It was a lovely surprise.


I managed to get some bits of sewing done as well, nothing quite finished yet so I won't show but at least I felt I did something.

Yesterday in celebration(!) of getting another year older I went for the full on camp experience and went to see Priscilla the musical up the west end. Alf from Home and Away is in it! How funny is that? Bless him.


And then this morning, we have snow. Proper snow on the ground, in London, in November! Doesn't look good for the rest of the winter. And my builder is supposed to come today ... to do some work on the outside of the house! Fat chance of that I'm thinking!

4 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEVVY!

I saw the Priscilla stage show in Melbourne last year and LOVED it. SAJ got dragged up on stage for the country dancing scene.

And Mr. P and I went to see Harry Potter Saturday night as well, and ended up seeing Due Date because we felt we needed some laughs. I should have stuck with Harry!

Marg said...

Happy Birthday Shevvy!!!!!!!

I haven't seen either yet. I was going to go to Harry Potter with bitchypoo, but she had a better offer. So might go and see it on my own.
Snow in November uh oh!!! Hope it is just an unusual occurrence and the rest of winter won't be so bad. If it's any consolation we are due to have a very wet and cool summer.

quiltfool said...

Happiest of Happy Birthdays! belated. I love Priscilla! I so hope it was good and that you enjoyed it. Haven't seen the new HP movie yet. Hope to see it soon. Lane

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are treating yourself with the proper fun and pampering. :-)

Isn't it cool when a movie follows the book well? It happens so seldom.