Saturday, 13 November 2010

Freeform Crochet

So my lack of oomph continues and nothing of interest is being produced here, however I was having a sort through some drawers and found my experiments in freeform crochet from over 5 year ago. Yes, they have been stuck in the drawer all that time!

I had lots of tiny bits of wool left of various types and plys and used to browse a lot of websites for inspiration. My favourite before the quilting obsession hit was http://www.eject.com.au/e-motive/prudence/gallery.htm, she produces the most amazing things.

I have a vague thought of making a wallhanging out of this lot one day, but in the unlikely even it ever gets finished I don't know how I will hang it and its bound to be a terrible dust trap!



4 comments:

Marg said...

Oooh I love Prudence's work. I met her a few years ago, she is amazing and I bought one of her books. I was all enthused to do freeform crochet as well and lost interest before I finished a couple of little pieces. I think it's too random for me, lol. I love looking at other people's work though. Yours is looking fabulous.

Michelle said...

I've never heard of free-form crochet. Fascinating! It's a tantalizing pile you've got there. :-)

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks like fun! You could go for a cushion cover if the wallhanging is a stretch?

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

How do you hang it? pound it into the wall with some nails...

I'd never heard of free form crochet either. I like Anne-Lise's suggestion to go for a cushion cover.

Your free form crochet is amazing textile art.