Monday, 7 February 2011

Oink Oink

Well, I'm not 100% sure if I should be oinking - based on the NHS website, I have all the symptoms of the dreaded swine flu, but then again it could just be any of the 1000s of other flu bugs out there as well.

Whichever one it is, I'm feeling very sorry for myself. It arrived of friday and seems to be getting worse not better.

I was able to get a bit of sewing done yesterday to distract myself but today I have barely got up from my bed.

What is most disappointing is that I take a magic potion to stop this sort of thing happening to me. I moved to London at 2 and the pollution didn't agree with me. I started off with whooping cough and for most of my life I was prone to getting anything and everything doing the rounds and they always ended up as chest infections. About 7 years ago I started taking Aloe Vera and it boosted my immune system so much that since then I've only had a couple of days with a cold - until now! I guess I thought it was invincible and that the flu wouldn't effect me.

How wrong I was.

5 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Shevvy I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick.

Lots of rest and chicken soup. If I was there I'd bring some over. That stuff is magic!

Cynthia L. said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling sick. My daughter used to get sick all of the time until I took her off milk products! She did well for many years and now she seems to have problems again. For her I think it is stress and lack of sleep. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will be sending good and healing thoughts your way!

Helsie said...

You poor thing. Stay in bed and rest, sounds like that is all you can do.
Cheers
Helen

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Marg said...

So sorry to hear you have the flu. I swear by olive leaf capsules, cod liver oil capsules and Vitamin C, they seems to keep most things at bay. I take them the second i feel like I'm coming down with something and they seem to work.
Hope you feel better very soon. I will be sending good and healing thoughts your way too.