I finished another quilt today - hooray.
The top was finished some time last year and is a string quilt that contains lots of my scraps from 2010. It was lovely quilting it to keep spotting little bits of fabric and remembering what they got used for and where they came from.
I just did straight line quilting in a cross hatch pattern. Its hard to see with the amount of patterns and colours so it wasn't worth doing anything else.
I had made the top using muslin as the foundation rather than paper. The extra layer it adds is noticeable, it makes it a bit heavier. I'm not sure if I prefer it; obviously it is lovely not to have had to peel away all the paper foundation but the overall texture is different. It doesn't seem as soft and snuggly.
I'm also joining my first quilt along. Lynne has designed a lovely quilt which will take me right out of my comfort zone. Dresden plates, curved seams and quilt as you go blocks!
These are the fabrics I've selected which are Pat Bravo Paradise collection with the yellow background.