Sunday, 17 April 2011

Bit of this, bit of that!

Firstly, we have a new Flickr group for British Quilters. This was the brainchild of the lovely Lynne at Lily's Quilts so if you want to join us go to http://www.flickr.com/groups/britquilt/ and come and meet us all. Or you can use the button in my sidebar.

Talking of Lynne, I've finished the borders in my six blocks for her dresden quilt along and even basted them. I just haven't got a clue how I am going to quilt them so I will watch what the other clever and creative people do that are joining in and then copy some of them!


For my paper piecing quilt along with Becky at Sarcastic Quilter, I've got quite a lot done, but no where near enough. I knew this would take me a long time when I decided to go for something bed sized. This is going to be a lot of work, but it is for a cousin who will actually appreciate the effort so I don't mind. I've calculated I need 80 blocks and so far have done 24. Not bad. The worse thing is cutting all the fabric. When I get going I do two blocks at once and it takes about 40 minutes.

From tomorrow I'm going to be working away from home all week so my sewing time is going to be minimal. However, when I do get home, I have lots cut for the paper piecing and with my dresdens basted I will be able to get on with those when I get inspired. I'm taking some hexagons with me, so at least I will have some fabric fun.

I probably won't be a very good blogger either and struggle to comment as I don't know if the hotel or work will give internet access. But I will try and read everything at least to keep up with what is going on with you.

3 comments:

Marg said...

The block is fabulous, and I still haven't put mine together, I'm going to try to do some this week and I need to start on the paper piecing. I need to manage my time a lot better than I have been, so that I can get ahead with some of my projects.
You have been very busy haven't you. Hope you have a nice time working away from home, sounds like you have all the sewing side of it sorted.

Leanne said...

That looks great!

Shay said...

The Dresden block is gorgeous Shevvy. Those fabrics look so good together. Im having my Dresden quilt professionally quilted when it's finally done mainly because I have no idea how to quilt it either!

Enjoy working away . Sounds like you'll have plenty of hexi time!