Sunday, 31 July 2011

High Tea, Harry and Vodka

The title pretty much sums up the last week.

Early in the week a few of us went out after work for high tea in a lovely Cotswolds village. http://www.peartreepurton.co.uk/ gave us lots and lots of sandwiches, cakes, scones and clotted cream as well as plenty of pots of tea. If you are going to work when there is nothing to do, this is a good way to enjoy it.



The next evening, I went to see the last Harry Potter film. I really enjoyed it, but there are always little bits that irritate me with book adaptations, they either add new scenes or cut the little bits that I really enjoy. I suppose you can't please everyone!

The next night was all about vodka, and probably the least said about that the better! I was perfectly behaved but I ended up getting called back out of my room after 2am to find my boss who was lost in the car park! I had only been in the room about 10 minutes so wasn't too bothered.

I even got some sewing done on the mystery QAL. I'm about 4 weeks behind, but there you go. I finish this week and can get the machine humming again!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Lovely blocks, your work is unusual, in that the group is not heading home but it sounds like you have had some fun.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely blocks - I guess they weren' t sewn on the vodka night :-)

Shay said...

I guess these work changes mean you've had a bit more time to relax. The vodka part sounds interesting....

Helsie said...

What a lovely place. Looks like you've had an interesting, varied week..... and not too long before you are finished.
Cheers
Helen