Friday, 5 August 2011

Making up for lost time

Two posts in one days! As well as catching up on the mystery QAL this week I've been working on my scraps again. No matter how much or how little sewing I get done, my scrap pile seems to grow far quicker.

I decided to get on with the triangles and made some more blocks with those. I use the method in Gwen Marstons Liberation Quilt II where the triangle is sewn in the corner. I really like the effect but I decided months ago that I wouldn't make the whole top using them.

In an attempt to use up more longer scraps I framed each block. Now that I have tackled quilt as you go I decided to quilt the framed blocks separately. And look what I did!  My first ever FMQ Feathers! They actually look clearer in the photo that in real life, I guess it is the angle but I am so pleased with them. Of course there are loads of flaws, but you have to look closely to see them and sod anyone who does!

4 comments:

Shay said...

Shevvy the feathers look terrific! Way to go Girl!

Sarah said...

wow, lovely feathers! Would you recommend that book then? I've had it in my amazon basket for about 3 months... lol

Marg said...

I'd recommend that book, it's great.
Your feathers look fabulous, woo hoo, you must be so pleased.

Leanne said...

I love that book! And this is a great idea, I love your feathers too! I have yet to try feathers, maybe soon.