I forgot to post about this cushion before I went to the spa - I guess all I could think about then was what treatments I was going to have.
This is the first needlepoint I've finished in ages. I used to do a lot more before catching the quilting bug. For some reason, even though I love hand stitching I don't ever want to do it with quilting (especially for binding).
The cushion was from a kit I got ages ago and what makes it extra special is this is the first one I've ever finished off and turned into a cushion. I have a whole bag of stuff at the top of the wardrobe of various needlepoints that stretch back 25 years! None of them have been framed or turned into something useful. I have framed embroideries and cross stitch but it is expensive and I keep putting it off.
The other reason I never make a cushion cover was as I was scared of messing it up. I finally decided to go for it as I found a load of material tucked away that was leftover from some curtains for my Mum made about 18 years ago! I realised it would be perfect backing for the cushions. I also decided to tackle putting a zip into it.
Well, from the picture it doesn't look too bad, but I got into a dreadful pickle with the zip. I read the instructions that came with the machine but it was total gobble-de-gook. I looked online for tutorials which I thought made sense, but it all went horribly wrong. However, in the end it looks okay and I think I learned some lessons so the next one should be easier. Now to start working through all the old pieces....