This one was sitting on the UFO pile for a long time - the top was finished some time last year. I don't want to look up when as I think it was quite early in the year and that will make it even worse.
I finally got my arse in gear and got it finished off this week. I didn't want to do any complicated quilting as my last few have been hard work so I just went with a old favourite. Wavy lines with the odd loop straight across the width of the quilt. Being a big more comfortable with it, I went for a strong blue which was perfect for the blue blocks but really stands out on the cream. I haven't used such a strong contrast in colours before as it makes the bad quilting stand out, but I knew I was fairly comfortable with this type so thought go for it.
The quilt is only around 40 x 56 inches, so once I got the horrid basting done it went nice and smoothly. The backing is from stash, some of the bargain yardage I stocked up on earlier in the year and the binding is some blue dotty fabric that I've used quite a bit and found I still had a big chunk left over.
This will be one of the charity ones, whenever I get around to sorting them out and sending them off. One day....