Thursday, 27 October 2011

A bit blah!

For some reason I've been a bit blah all week. Nothing bad is happening but nor is anything exciting, its all just been a bit dull. I think there is something my subconscious is trying to tell me if the state of my dreams are anything to go by.

I don't normally remember dreams, most nights its more about my insomnia, but this week I have been having loads and if I tell you that thousands of zombie dogs wrapped in clingfilm stacked up in a frozen warehouse was about the most normal of them you get its been a bit wierd.

Even on the sewing front I haven't been feeling very inspired. I have my list of things to work on but I wanted something simple and basic so ended up making this little quilt that about 36x52 in. I had some cowboys and zebra type fabric and added some charm squares that were boyish in colour and nothing floral. I know very few of my quilts would be appealing to boys. It isn't very big and it hasn't any fancy quilting but it just kept me sewing.




After finishing that I felt a bit more motivated and carried on with the last block in the mystery quilt. I then managed to piece all the blocks in the wrong order to Sheila's plan, but what the heck. I couldn't be bothered unpicking and I like it this way anyway.


Hopefully I will get a bit more mojo back soon and that you are all feeling a lot more zingy!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Sometimes simple is all you need - think you are having hallowe'en dreams.
Mystery looking pretty good, just mirrored isn't it?

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

No wonder you have insomnia if your dreams are so scary! :-)
I like the mystery quilt!

Marg said...

I have the blahs happening here too. I just can't motivate myself to do anything remotely crafty or even do a blog post. The mystery quilt is looking awesome.

Leanne said...

Your mystery blocks are beautiful! I love the simple quilt too by the way, it is nice to just enjoy the quiet process some of the time.