Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Discovering the joys of mini quilts

So I've been playing with mini quilts and now this has reached its destination (Sarah at http://narcolepticinacupboard.blogspot.com/) I can show it to you.


I know I'm late to the minis party, but I finally realised how much fun they are and what a great way to practise new techniques.

I have wanted to try a New York Beauty block for ages, I'm happy with the paper piecing but was more worried about the curved seams which are still a bit of a mental block for me. On this small scale, it was less intimidating and I was really pleased with how it turned out.

I also got to play some more with free motion quilting on it and did some feathers and swirls on it.

I have a whole list in my head of others I want to get on with now as I enjoyed making it so much, but I have to finish some of my UFOs first.

4 comments:

quiltfool said...

Very cute. I love the inset block. And, all those points! Lane

gill said...

I saw this at Sarah's blog!
I love it! NYB is one of my favourite blocks!

Sarah said...

and its all mine! hehehe :-) Its gorgeous, thanks x

Archie the wonder dog said...

This is fabulous! Lucky Sarah!