Friday, 14 October 2011

QAL progress

See one of the blog buttons I have over on the right - for Becky at Sarcastic Quilters paper piecing QAL. Well, the QAL finished months ago but have I finished? Oh no.

But, I am making progress. In my defense, I did make the decision to paper piece a full sized quilt so knew it was going to take quite awhile.

In total I need 80 blocks to finish at 60x75 inches - so far I've made 48 so I got quite excited this week about breaking the half way mark. I decided to start sewing some together and made up a quarter of the final layout. I think I want to quilt it in 4 parts as I know I will be able to do a better job that way so I will keep it in these sections until I'm ready for that.

Its going to be a symmetrical pattern so all the lines form a diamond shape. Some joins aren't perfect between blocks, but I don't think many will notice them.

4 comments:

Shay said...

I really like the variation you chose Shevvy and those colours work really well together.

That half way mark is a triumphant feeling isn't it? I've just spent half the night cutting foundation squares for selvages - and I did just over half so I know exactly when to celebrate!

Marg said...

Wow that's really coming along. The layout you have chosen looks great. You can have it ready for the Olympics next year. Green and gold - great Aussie colours, mwah ha haaaaaaa.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Spring colours - so bright and "airy". Looks like a lot of work :-)

Michelle said...

Oh WOW! It is totally fabulous! Way to go on breaking the halfway mark. It's always a good feeling.