Friday, 30 December 2011

New Year round up

I've been whinging so much lately about my lack of productivity, so I thought I would do a wrap up of what I did achieve this year sewing wise.

I surprised myself going back over things and there are quilts I forgot.

I managed to do a dresden plate and feel I got a good handle on curved seams with the mini drunkards path. My FMQ came along in leaps and bounds and I am much more confident with it.

My biggest delight was quilting smaller blocks and learning how to join them into a bigger quilt. It makes the whole quilting progress so much easier.

I still have a load of unfinished tops but not quite as many as this time last year. I'll do another post of my outstanding craft projects.

As for New Years Eve, I am going to spend it tucked up indoors with my Mum and champers and a nice roast dinner (yes I can cook if I have to). There is a family party that we've been to a few times just behind the London Eye which gives a great view of the fireworks but it means driving and then the roads out again are closed until after 3am. As Mum is now 76 she feels getting home around 4am is too much and I'm happy as I don't have to stay up late and sober!

Enjoy whatever revels you have planned, see you next year with news of my giveaway.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a bunch of quilty eye candy! If my year had been as productive, I'd be quite pleased. :-)

Leanne said...

I love seeing all of these again, all together! Enjoy you dinner and evening with your mum and all the best for the new year.

Shay said...

Ummmmmmm WOW! Look at all your creative genius in one spot. I had no idea you'd been so busy . Not too shabby for someone who spent time away from home working this year.

And your FM quilting is wonderful.