Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Still mojo-less

I haven't got my quilting mojo back yet for some reason. Its been weeks and the only thing I've done on the sewing machine is two string blocks, then I ran out of steam again.

I have been doing some needlepoint though, I've discovered I don't need to feel so creative for that as I can just sit on my backside in front of the telly and stitch. I've been working on this kit and just have the borders to do so at least I can feel I've achieved something!


As well as the missing sewingin mojo, I'm also missing the Christmas spirit this year! Bah humbug. But, I'm off soon to meet a mate for lunch and see the new Sherlock Holmes film so a good gossip and mindless action will keep me occupied today!

I've also realised as a blogger not only am up coming up to my two year anniversary but I'm also getting close to 200 posts! So, in the new year I will be doing a giveaway, my first one! I'm not quite sure what it will be for yet, but have an idea.

And as for all the sew mama sew giveaways I looked at last week, did I win big? No, not a flaming one! Serves me right for being greedy. Ha ha.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I think the season / weather has a bit to do with your mojo.. when its cold and dark it is much nicer just to grab something you can do curled up on the sofa in front of the telly!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

That looks really nice, Shevvy. Hope you enjoy the film!

Shay said...

We're all completely over whelmed at this point I think. I dont even have time to write posts at the moment. And blog commenting?- well you can mostly forget it.

You may not be sewing my friend but needlepoint is still crafting.

Sheila said...

What Shay said!
Hope to see Sherlock soon too.

Helsie said...

Oh give the quilting a break Shevvy. You've done heaps. It's holiday time and you have lovely London at your feet. Go to the theatre, movies, galleries etc and snuggle down in front of a warm fire with your needlework and watch tv or dvds. Hope your tv over Christmas is better than ours.
Cheers

Michelle said...

The needlepoint looks lovely! That must be what you need to be doing right now.

Yeah, the Christmas spirit always seems to elude me.

Leanne said...

The needlework is lovely! No need to rush to sewing, you will be inspired one day soon. I hope you find some fun in the season too, hanging out with friends is always a good idea.

Wendy said...

The needlepoint looks great! I love to do a bit of cross stitch/needlepoint etc when I'm really tired and can just sit and sew without having to think much!