I got something finished. And not just a little something, but the mystery quilt that the lovely Sheila at http://bluepatchquilter.blogspot.com/ organised what feels like ages ago.
Here it is on all its glory laid out on the double bed. I sort of fell out with it half way through quilting when I decided I had over complicated the quilting and it wasn't going to be very visible. That meant I knew I was going to spend ages more quilting it for no reason. I also managed to piece the blocks together in the wrong order, but I am not bothered about that.
Now it is done though, I am pleased with the quilting and when the light is right you can still see all the background quilting.
I quilted the centre in two blocks, if you look closely you can just see the sashing strip next to the vertical jaggedy strip. Then the borders were all quilted and added on afterwards (see previous post for details).
I feel now that I can tackle any type of star as this covered so many. Nothing to be scared of there.
It even has a name which is rare for my quilts, Oriental Stars. Not very original, it has lots of stars, using oriental fabrics. Thats the best I can do!