Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Do you ever feel like you haven't handed in your homework on time?

I haven't blogged for nearly two weeks and I feel like a naughty schoolgirl which is so silly. I blog because I enjoy it and so it makes no sense to feel bad about letting it slide a bit.

But, I have been busy. I really feel like I've got some spring back in my step and am fully out of the funk I was in for the last few months.

I have one finish I can't show you yet until it gets to its destination but if I get myself organised that might be this week.

I have been back on the paper piecing and made progress on the quilt for Kathleen which I started a year ago with Beckys QAL. I still have 14 blocks to make, but putting that another way, I have finished 66 out of 60! Hooray. All the green are completed so I just have to cut some more for the yellow blocks.


I've been working on my hexies as well and I have a nice stack of flowers built up, 43 completed. I think I have decided that I will applique them onto a black background that is already sandwiched with the backing and wadding so I will quilt as I go. I need to get them all laid out on the bed to see how many more I need to do.


Last week I went to the quilt show at Ardingly which was about a hour away so an easy run. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a nice size. Enough there to get lots of ideas without being as overwhelming as the festival of quilts. I also arrived early so got around the displays without them being busy. I took loads of bad pics but they will still give me ideas. Below are a few of my favs.

I had to snap this one as I love dragons, I think it goes back to reading The Hobbit and Smaug. And even better this has a green dragon.


I'm not that keen on this tiger, but I love the background and how it is quilted.


This one is a wholecloth quilt, the detail is wonderful.


This is a mini that was part of a series representing a Noughts and Crosses game.


I loved the simplicity of this.


And the curves and designs of both of these are so striking.


And finally the use of colour in both of these really inspire me. I've got quilts in my head similar to these but I'm a long way off achieving them.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the fabulous peek at the quilt show!

Your hexies are so charming! I love hexies. Sigh. One day I will do some myself.

So glad to hear you are feeling up and being busy!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Nice stack of hexes. Thanks for sharing the photos - the dragons are gorgeous! Wish I could do work like that!
So glad you are feeling fine :-)

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Pretty quilts. Great hexies... AWESOME PP blocks. It's going to look so fabulous when they come together.

Sheila said...

Those hexies are super, like the sound of the black background.

Shocking Hocking said...

very pretty - and the quilts are amazing - love the noughts and crosses one...love to be able to produce something like this