Friday, 24 February 2012

Finish Along

I signed up to Rhondas Finish Along earlier in the year and declared that in the first quarter I would finish two tops that have been hanging around for ages, waiting to be turned into quilts.

The first one I finished a while ago and blogged about http://shevvylondon.blogspot.com/2012/01/first-finish-of-year.html and amazingly, today I have finished the second one! Hooray. And there is still over a month to go to the deadline.


This quilt even has a name, Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star. It was made using up all my scrap triangles, including those one you get when making binding and join two strips together.


I just did a stipple to quilt it as I have done a lot of heavy quilting for my last few quilts. I say just, but I have to say I really enjoyed doing it and I am really happy with how it turned out.


The backing is just one big piece of something I picked up somewhere cheap and found in my stash.




The binding is also scrappy and made up of all leftover bits from other quilts, green blue, orange, gold, whatever I had basically.

I think I've mentioned before how much I love working with scraps - this quilt show why. It finished at 44x52 inches. I haven't washed it yet so don't know how much it will shrink as I am out of colour catchers. This will need them I think with all the random bits in it, something is bound to bleed!

9 comments:

Janine said...

This quilt is beautiful!

M-R said...

Beautiful! Your stippling works beautifully with that design! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Leanne said...

This quilt is beautiful! I love all those scrappy stars and the quilting is perfect for it.

Michelle said...

What an awesome quilt! Wow! You're really hitting it with the finishes. :-)

Debra said...

Amazing...i love this and the idea of suing up all scraps to make something beautiful is very inspiring. I wonder if we have colour catchers here in Aus...hmmm
Lovely lovely quilt...glad i stumbled here...
Debra

Heather said...

Such a beautiful scrappy quilt. I love it!! :o)

Shay said...

I really need to make one of these scrappy star quilts. I love them .

Yours is wonderful and the stippling just makes it sing. Great finish Shev.

Quilter in the Gap said...

I love how you threw in those random white stars with cream backgrounds. Too cute!!!

DanaK ~ WaterPenny said...

Love these colors and clever work with the stars - I love scrappy stars!