Thursday, 9 February 2012

Papering along!

I know its a stupid title for a post but I couldn't think of anything else.

I am doing a bit of a dance of joy as I have finally finished all the blocks for Kathleens quilt, the one that started life last year as the Paper Piecing Quilt along.

All 80 blocks are made. I got to a point that I could finish 2 in 40 mins, so being sad I calculated and that is nearly 27 hours piecing the blocks. Never mind the time spent cutting fabric and then sewing the blocks together. The worst bit of that is the time it take to peel all the paper away. The dining room is going to get very messy!

I finished up one quarter of the top last year before I lost my motivation. Now I've got this far I'm going to have a little break from it, after all I still have until August before it is going to its new home.

I'm just so happy to have got this far!


On another note it was the 2nd meeting of the London Modern Quilt Guild last Sunday, but I was furious as I missed it. We had a little bit of snow and transport ground to a halt! I was not a happy bunny....

5 comments:

quiltfool said...

Hey, Shevvy. I'm thinking about taking on a paper pieced project for my jubilee quilt. But, it's only 36 blocks. And, they're all different. So, maybe I can finish in a year. Or, maybe I'll be 51 or 52 before I'm done. No sense forcing all the celebration into one year, right? Lane

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

It is going to be a beauty! Love that green fabric :-)

Shay said...

Whoooooo Hooooooooo on the block completion. Im itching to see this put together. It;s going to look fabulous !

The transport issues stink. Sorry you missed your guild meeting :(

Shocking Hocking said...

funny - you want a snappy title to draw the interest - it drew me in!

nice finish on the papering - it is a pick up put down project and they're looking fabbo

Michelle said...

Way to go on the paper-piecing! I can't wait to see it assembled. :-)