Sunday, 4 March 2012

London Modern Quilt Guild

Today was the 3rd meeting of the London Modern Quilt Guild. As I missed the last one due to London Transports inability to deal with a little snow so I was really looking forward to this.

We had a great turn out and it was lovely to get a chance to chat to everyone, a really good bunch of people with lots of skills and ideas. Its exciting to see how the guild is taking shape and there should be a lot of good stuff happening over the next few months.

This time the meeting was held in a lovely shop in St Johns Wood http://www.tricoletteyarns.com/  thanks to Michael which was a little bit dangerous. They had some fabric, but I couldn't resist the wool they had on display. Mostly I was taken with their crochets hooks so had to get one and some wool to play with it. Isn't the hook different? I've only ever used the boring metal or plastic ones so want to see how this feels.


I've been doing some other shopping as well! But I won't share until it arrives in the week. Its far too easy to click button online to spend money!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh man, I love the brittany crochet hooks and also their knitting needles - I am sure you will too. You have been away from the yarn shops for a while if these are new to you, be careful, one can end up with many crochet or knitting projects in no time at all.

Shay said...

So glad the weather played nice and didn't stop you from getting to this months Guild Meeting.

I haven't seen a crochet hook like that before. Marg would be interested in seeing that !

Kelly said...

It was a great meeting! I managed to get out without purchasing anything, a rarity!!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Nice crochet hook - I prefer wooden knitting needles and crochet hooks, but I haven't seen one like that before.
Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

Helsie said...

I'm itching to get back into crochet but it's too hot here at the moment. The crochet hook looks good , how does it feel in your hand?
Cheers

Di said...

Sounds like your guild is taking off! Like the crochet hook. Di do

Marg said...

Shay's right I am interested in the crochet hook, how does it feel?
Pleased you were able to get to the third meeting, it sounds like it's going to be a lovely group of people that you can get to know.