I finished my scrappy triangles quilt. I've been working on this since last year to use up all my triangles from binding etc.
I am a bit 50/50 about this as I made a mistake with the backing. I quilted each block separately as I wanted to practise my FMQ flowers on it and they came out fine but I used a sheet that I bought that was brushed cotton for the back. This didn't cause problems for the quilting, but it is a bit thicker than normal so wasn't very good when it came to piecing the blocks together.
I would normally use the same fabric for the back sashing as the backing so it blends, but it was far too thick to work with so I went for the one I used on the front. After I started I realised it was too much, but I couldn't be bothered unpicking and starting again. So I finished it but am not really happy with it.
From a distance it doesn't look too bad but up close the stitching is too noticeable and because of the thicker backing fabric the sashing parts are too firm and rough feeling.
But, you live and learn and as this was a scrap quilt thats what they are for in my book. To try and new things and see what does and in this case doesn't work.
Here are some close ups of the flowers.
I've also finally starting quilting Kathleens Quilt. I've had it pieced (in four quarters) for weeks but kept putting it off. I feel more emotionally invested in this quilt than any other I've made so wanted to be sure I knew what design I was doing.
Its mainly feathers with some up and down lines in parts.
I will quilt this in the four pieces, but I am not going to use sashing to join it together. I won't quilt right to the edge for these pieces, but will then sew them together and finish differently. I'll post the details when I get to that part.