Thursday, 3 May 2012

Workshops and exams

This week started off brilliantly with a workshop with the lovely and talented Lucie Summers http://blu-shed.blogspot.co.uk/ who invited members from the London Modern Quilt Guild for a workshop on screen printing quilt labels.

We could either design our own, or adapt one of Lucies designs. I had a total blank on trying my own, so was very happy to use the one Lucie designed. After all, that makes it a designer label!

We had great fun all day. Not only did we get to use our quilt label screen, but Lucie also let us play with some of her "friendlier" screens. Who knew that screens for printing had such different characters?

She also gave us some dye to take home with us and the label screen so we can make more at home. These are some of the goodies I made on the day, having all these labels might encourage me to put them on my quilts finally!


We also had a big exam on our course this week, so that created some anxiety - and drama. I was happy with how it went and was finished in time but didn't really take much notice of the duration. I was in the zone for two hours. However when we left the room, some of the other students felt that the invigilator had messed up the timings and finished 10 minutes earlier than she should so they didn't get all their questions answered.

I don't know what is going to happen - all I know is I don't want to have to sit it again!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Your guild looks like such fun!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh, I hope you don't have to sit again. Maybe it will be a choice.

Labels look good.

Gill said...

I'm green with envy! I would love to take a screenprinting class with Lu Summers!

Shay said...

Your labels are beautiful. Sounds like you had fun at the class too.

Im pretty confident you wont have to take that exam again. You're one of the most intelligent people I know. I freak out at the thought of exams too!