Saturday, 9 June 2012

Retreat goodies

Unfortunately since the joy of last weekend its been back to ordinary life and work so I haven't had time to post about the goodies I got at the retreat before now.

On arrival we got a fully loaded bag of treats - but I didn't have time to really look properly until it was all over. I did on the day spot the Aurifil pack which brought about a little squeal of joy and there was a zip I used in one of my classes.


Look at that mini charm pack of walk in the woods, and those London Fabrics; the Oakshott didn't really photograph well but it is a beautiful mauve colour.

Liberty of London were also on hand showing some of their new quilting cotton which are being launched soon. I managed to come home with this bag and this little selection of fabrics, the first two are silks and the last one is a big piece of cotton.





I still haven't thought what I will do with the silks, they are so delicate and I've never sewn with anything like that before. Some of the other retreat goers have already make some lovely bits. I'll think of something eventually.

I also took part in the ugly fabric swap but sort of cheated and scored! I didn't mean to cheat, but I was deep into the jelly roll race when it happened so didn't want to stop. Someone else took my bag up and gave me the one they were holding. The bag I got had a load of really good fabrics that all match - and some were green! Results.

4 comments:

susan said...

You picked up some fab Liberty fabrics. Hadley will be dead jealous!

Cynthia L. said...

I don't think your ugly fabrics are ugly at all! What a great stash you picked up. I think the Liberty fabrics are great and I love Moda and Robert Kaufman! I would probably just touch the silks until you find the right project, I love the way silk feels!

Leanne said...

You did very well on the Liberty and the not at all uglies!

trash said...

You really did win in the ugly swap. Well done you.