Sunday, 8 July 2012

FAL 3rd Quarter

The Finish A Long hosted by Rhonda certainly gets me focused on what I want to achieve in the next 3 months even if I don't always make it happen.

This quilt top was on the list from last month and didn't even see the light of day, maybe this is its quarter to become a quilt.


I also have this top I pieced for our LMQG charity sewing, it too needs some love to make it a proper quilt.


These blocks I started working on a few weeks ago. I made a jelly roll race quilt at the FQRetreat and like the process but wanted to mix it up a bit. I took a Summersville jelly roll and got it to the point where it was eight strips wide. I then chopped it into squares. I managed to get 13 out of it, so I will undo one of blocks and use it for binding. I have an idea of how I want to layout the blocks, but as always it keeps changing. One of these days I will fix on one of the layouts long enough to get it made!


For more pledges, check out the linky party at FAL 3rd Qtr

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck, love your summersville blocks!

two hippos said...

you've been busy! The quilt top looks great.

Leanne said...

That is a great list, I think you can do it for sure.

Shocking Hocking said...

oooh - summersville - i've got 2 jelly rolls in my stsash that are calling out to me!