Sunday, 8 July 2012

The generosity of designers

I, along with some other members of the LMQG met up with the designer Thomas Knauer this weekend to discuss quilting and designs and what modern quilting means to different people.

It was a very thought provoking talk but being a bit shallow and covetous, I was very distracted when this bundle appeared.


Thomas' first collection Pear Tree,
 

then Flock,
 

and finally Savannah Bop.

In the end we decided to use them for some charity sewing and we will be meeting in a couple of weeks to crack on with it.

But in the meantime, all these goodies are staying with me.... I promise not to loose any.... honestly!!!

4 comments:

Di said...

I hope your fellow members counted all those FQs before allowing you home! Di x

Shay said...

I cant wait to see what your group does with these gorgeous fabrics.

Meantime have fun stroking them !

Rafael's Mum said...

I was tempted to come and join the guild but it is just too far for me to come often.. Lovely to see what you've been up to and great fabrics!

Sheila said...

How kind of him. Loved Pear Tree.