Saturday, 28 July 2012

Loving Queenie

I have to say that despite being and old cynic, I ended up really enjoying last nights opening ceremony and thought Queenie and Bond was brilliant. I could stop laughing when I realised it wasn't a look alike.

I thought the whole thing was spot on and really reflected what Britain, and especially London is all about. I hope they release the soundtrack as the music was great.

For anyone who didn't get it, I think the message was "tough". If you really know us and understand us you will have got it and if you don't, they we don't care!!!!

I still can't believe Queenie did it! Bless her!

Anyway, I have been doing a bit of sewing and got my EPP bee blocks done.

I'm also trying to blog from the iPhone for the first time, so if it looks pants I'm sorry.

7 comments:

Gill said...

Hear hear!!
I thought it was brilliant! I loved every minute!

Leanne said...

I missed it as we have no tv channels here but I read the news. We all loved that the Queen was in the movie, and have no issue with her using a stunt double for the jump, she is so cool, even my kids think so! Love your EPP. I have decided I prefer basting the back in case I want to be lazy about thread removal.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Filix didn't like the sheep, but apart from that we thought it was great! Loved the 007 and Queen bit. Those drummers must have tired arms today :-)

Gertie Pye said...

I can't believe the Queen did it either - she has never done anything like that before. When Bond went into the Palace, I was thinking "she wouldn't?" - little did I know that she was (vicariously) about to jump out of a helicopter to boot!

Charlotte said...

the Queen is my hero!

two hippos said...

Love your blocks!

Colette said...

Fantastic wasn't it, it was so British, all of it. I felt strangely proud. ;-)