Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Festival of Quilts

I had a fabulous time at the FoQs over the weekend. I learned my lesson from last year and went for two days this time and booked on some workshops and a lecture.

I got to spent time with lots of lovely quilters, some I knew from the guild, and FQ Retreat and others I just ended up talking to in the hotel, in the coffee shop or in a workshop.

I did a reasonable amount of shopping but not too much so I don't think I went too mad.

Even with 2 days I didn't get to see all the quilts on display or look at all the vendors but I took it much easier and enjoyed what I did without stressing.

I loved the variety of the quilts, there was truly something for everyone there. I think I am not the only one baffled by one or two of the judging choices but each to there own.

I took loads of pics but they didn't display the names of the makers. Here are a few that stood out for me.

11 comments:

Susan Standen said...

Sorry I missed you there, but glad you had such a good time.

Di said...

Looks amazing. Going for two days is a good tip. Di c

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Hi Shevvy, it was nice to met you at the FoQ. I'm one of the Irish quilters who met you in the Crowne plaza hotel
And the next time you're visiting the Limerick area, feel free to pop into our local patchwork meeting. We meet the 2nd Friday of every month (Sept. to June). Blog: midwestpatchwork.blogspot.com
Regards

Kelly said...

Oh those top three are doing it for me! Glad you had a good time x

quiltfool said...

Wow! Wonderful. I'm so intrigued by the first one. Thanks for sharing and glad you had fun. Lane

MetroQuilter said...

Thanks for rescuing this newbie on Sunday! Next year I think I will also make it a two day trip, too much to see in a day.

Shay said...

That last one is floating my boat . There's just something about circles that really appeals to me.

Glad you had a good time!

Leanne said...

Thank you for sharing such great pictures, the festival sounds like it was great fun.

diannajessie said...

Wow, What a gorgeous selection from the festival of quilts, wish I had been there too:)

Cynthia L. said...

I am not sure which one I like the best. They are all so beautiful. Glad you had a wonderful time.