Sunday, 30 September 2012

3rd Quarter FAL

Its time to report in on my progress in the Finish a Long hosted by Rhonda.

My first thought when I saw her post was, bum (or a slightly stronger word than that) I haven't finished anything, but I thought I would double check what I hoped to do back in early July.

Well, I was wrong. I did finish one thing and one thing only during the last 3 months and it was something I had down on my target list, so I'm counting that as a success.

This little top has been made to be donated when the LMQG decide on a charity to support. Its around 36x36in and I don't even know if I've posted about it since I finished it. The last 3 months have been a blur of mainly work with bits of fun in between....

I quilted it using random curved lines using the walking foot. Not sure if it is a method I would use again though.

I used up a lot of scraps in it so I'm always happy with that.


6 comments:

Susan Standen said...

A very sweet finish. I love the random piecing as well as the random sewing.

capitolaquilter said...

nice randomness - I like the movement. congrats on having a FAL Q3 to check off the list

Charlotte said...

that's really nice!

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Lovely quilt Shevvy - using up scraps is fun isn't it :)

Kelly said...

cool quilt and how can you not love the wonky wavy walking foot lines??

Leanne said...

It is a lovely finish and would be so sweet for a new baby to snuggle in!