Sunday, 28 October 2012

Still alive

I can't believe it is a month since I last posted. I seem to have got sucked into the Twitter/Instagram world more than blogging. I'm ShevvyLondon on both of those if you are interested in finding me.

I haven't done a huge amount of sewing, my lovely sewing machine is feeling quite lonely and unloved most of the time.

I've piece one top that I haven't taken a photo of yet and a few bee blocks. These ones are machine sewn for the FQR Kinky Bee...

IMG_0522 IMG_0523 IMG_0529
and these ones are paper pieced for the EEEP EPP Bee.

IMG_0525 EPP bee block
I have to point out that I'm not to blame for the carpet in the last one, its the hotel I use in the week that is responsible!

I've also been EPPing some more of my own blocks, these are growing quite nicely and I take them all over the place with me.

IMG_0565
Finally, I managed to finish the embroidery I started with Aneela Hoey that is taken from her new book. I now need to decide what I am going to do with it, but I think it will be a cushion eventually.

IMG_0517
Thats all for now - I know it won't be so long until my next post as I want to do one for the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

6 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

Wow what a lot of excellent makes Shevvy! I especially like that Liberty style EPP (despite the carpet) - haven't seen that one before.

Sarah said...

Great blocks, I especially love those last block! Is it your own pattern?

Marg said...

Wow for someone who hasn't done much sewing you have lots of lovely blocks to show off.
EPP is fantastic for taking away with you isn't it! I love it's portability.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous make Shevvy, the swing embroidery is fab!

quiltfool said...

I was thinking of you over the weekend and was about to send an email to make sure all was well. Don't work too hard. It's good to hear from you. Lane

Leanne said...

All your blocks are lovely. EPP must be perfect for your work travelling, and I love the set you are making for you. Of course the embroidery is so cute, a pillow will be perfect.