Thursday, 31 January 2013

Dappled sunlight

I finished off this quilt yesterday and I have to say I really love it. Charlotte over at http://charlottenewland.blogspot.co.uk named it dappled sunlight.

The top is all Amy Butlers Cameo range and the back is also some yardage on hers.

I quilted it Fmq using an Angela Walters design. As the prints are so busy I just wanted an all over design to add texture and it turns out the floral quilting is very similar to some of the prints. I love the texture this quilting creates. It's much easier to see on the back.

I bound it using left over backing and a bit of scrap binding I had in my bin.

It was 48x60" before washing.









14 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

It's an incredibly pretty quilt, Shevvy. Great finish!

Charlotte said...

it's so lovely! Are you bringing it on Sunday? I hope so :-D

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Love it!

Sarah said...

Brilliant quilting as ever!

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Looks amazing Shevvy - woohoo for another finish!!!!

Sarah Lou said...

Beautifully quilted Shevvy!

Kelly said...

It's gorgeous Shevvy!

two hippos said...

its beautiful!

MetroQuilter said...

Beautiful quilt...love the colours and the quilting is fabulous

Leanne said...

It is so pretty and I just love the quilting! Good for you to finish it so fast.

Marg said...

That's the perfect name for it. It's very pretty and the quilting is beautiful too. Fabulous finish.

Shay said...

Scrappy plus. It looks amazing. Love that quilting too..

The back is gorgeous. I'll have to dig round in my stash and see if I have any of that fabric now that Im in love with it !

Atia said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Deb said...

wow, i love it - you can't beat a log cabin! Oldie but a goodie!