Thursday, 24 January 2013

I love log cabins

I really think log cabins is one of my fav blocks. The variety of patterns you can achieve with it are vast. I've been know to play in a drawing program on my computer, twisting and turning blocks around to see all the different effects.

Mainly they rely on contrasts of light and dark, but this week I've been sewing with fabric that doesn't have much contrast. I grabbed a FQ pack of Amy Butler Cameo from stash and separated them into blues and everything else. I randomly chose which strips went where rather than the traditional movement out from the centre of light to dark.

Mostly, it was just fun sewing something that isn't tricky or needs much thought.

I haven't gone too big ether, it's just 48x60inches so when I get round t quilting it should be easy.



6 comments:

Charlotte said...

it's lovely - looks like dappled sunlight

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

A happy quilt! Lovely!

MetroQuilter said...

Beautiful

Leanne said...

I love log cabins too, this is a lovely block. Such pretty fabrics.

Marg said...

Oooh that's really pretty. I love log cabin blocks too.

doris batting said...

moving and glowing, great!