Friday, 22 February 2013

Finally some quilting

I started quilting this top a few weeks ago but then I had work, class work and flu to content with so my machine went quiet again.

I have a great deal of negative space on the top, so I want to use it as a FMQ sampler/practice piece.

I have divided it into sections and I am slowly going through each one using a different design. I'm basically doodling on my quilt!

I haven't got a plan at all, I basically get to a section and then see what I think up!

It's going to take a while, and some bits aren't great but it is fun!



7 comments:

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Looks fun so far! I love the doodle drawing on a quilt in thread - I wish I could do it!! My Toyota is not always so coorperative!!

Sarah Lou said...

Looks like impressive doodling, I really must learn how to do it! (And then practice lots I think! )

Marg said...

That's a great way to practice. I wish I could get the courage and just go for it on one of my quilts. Your doodling looks really good.

Charlotte said...

how cool!

MetroQuilter said...

Looks fab

Kelly said...

Looking good Shevvy!

Shay said...

Not being hemmed in by a pre-conceived idea is a great way to try out new designs and ideas. This is going to be a very unique quilt. I love what you've done so far!