Sunday, 7 April 2013

Q1 FAL


she can quilt

In my original post http://shevvylondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/finish-long-q1.html I showed all my outstanding tops in an attempt to get focused.

Foolish I know. I managed to get sucked into the scrappy-trip-along craze and added not one but two new tops to the UFO pile. Then work and life got very busy and sewing went on the back burner.

I finished quilting this top about 6 weeks ago but needed this final push to get the binding on. Its basically a Free Motion Quilting sampler with a few pops of feature fabric.

I wanted to play and doodle with my quilting and practise new designs as well as ones I am already comfortable with. I really really enjoyed making it.

I didn't do any marking apart from using straight line quilting to create bands to work the designs in. Again, that might be clearer when I get better photos.

The flower in the feathers in the last picture is my favourite bit.

 
 
 

8 comments:

MetroQuilter said...

As ever Shevy I am in awe of your FMQ

Lynz said...

Good grief your fmq is really fabulous. The flower in the last photo is immense!

Leanne said...

This is just fantastic, I love the quilting. The flower is excellent, as are the all the other parts.

Two Wednesdays said...

That's gorgeous, I can see why you love the flower so much.

Gertie Pye said...

So glad you brought this along today as it's even better in person! Totally gorgeous & very worthy of being entered at Sandown x

Shay said...

FMQ really is your thing. I love how you just go for it. That flower is gorgeous!

Di said...

Amazing FMQ. Di x

Charlotte said...

it was so lovely to see this in real life! Amazing quilting :-D