I finally got some bigger pics of the sandown quilt. I call it this because I made it with the intention of showing it this year.
I've got a couple of weeks to get the application form in and I want to wash the quilt first to make sure nothing goes wrong i.e. colour bleed. It also has some marks that got made during the quilting so I need to try and get them out.
When I laid it across my mums sofa in landscape I realised how much I preferred it to the way I designed it in portrait.
When I pieced it I started with strips 2.5 inches wide to give you an idea of the scale.
Even if something goes wrong in the wash and I choose not to enter it in the show, I am still delighted with how this came out.