Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Sandown quilt

I finally got some bigger pics of the sandown quilt. I call it this because I made it with the intention of showing it this year.

I've got a couple of weeks to get the application form in and I want to wash the quilt first to make sure nothing goes wrong i.e. colour bleed. It also has some marks that got made during the quilting so I need to try and get them out.

When I laid it across my mums sofa in landscape I realised how much I preferred it to the way I designed it in portrait.

When I pieced it I started with strips 2.5 inches wide to give you an idea of the scale.

Even if something goes wrong in the wash and I choose not to enter it in the show, I am still delighted with how this came out.



12 comments:

Tammy said...

Your quilting is amazing! Will definitely have to go to this years show to have a proper look at it!

Charlotte said...

it's really lovely! I need to get my finger out - I had lost track of the deadline :-/

Two Wednesdays said...

It's amazing. The quilting really makes it too.

Di said...

I think you are brilliant entering a show and this quilt is a goodiy. Di x

Canadian Abroad said...

It is very beautiful and it should most definitely be in the show!

Shocking Hocking said...

that's a cracker - love it - defo should be in the show....awed by all your wip's too!

Marg said...

That's really beautiful.

Kathie said...

what an amazing finish! The design it excellent and your quilting is stunning. Good luck with the washing

Shay said...

I love it ! Such a creative idea. And that quilting is tres magnifique!

Leanne said...

I too love it! The quilting is stunning and the quilt is so overall fresh and modern.

Lynz said...

I'd be delighted, too! I love the traditional quilting (amazing, btw!) with the really fresh design. Clever cookie!

Sarah Lou said...

This is gorgeous Shevvy; they'd be daft not to accept it! X